Welcome to Portland Country Club
CLICK HERE for the 2013 Junior Golf League Form
CLICK HERE to View Scores from the 2013 Best Ball Weekend
"The Old Course of 1927"
Portland's original golf course was constructed in 1925. It wasn't much more than a rough pasture located on a farm north of town. In November 1926, a meeting of the members was called by the First President S. A. Horning to discuss the future of the course. At this meeting a motion was made and carried to organize a new course. Howard Benson of Lansing and Charles Lockwood of Portland agreed to provide enough land for 18 holes and open the first 9 holes before July 1927. The new course officially opened in June 1927, and has been in continuous operation since that time.
The Portland Country Club sits on a beautifully manicured 100 acres of pure rolling terrain and mature trees. This course plays to a solid 6100 yards and is a true test for all kinds of players. Come and play golf like the way it was designed when golf was just starting.